2018’s Christmas is almost here, so, hopefully, you’re all packed and ready for holiday adventures. No need to worry if you haven’t decided where to go yet. Look at our overview of exciting locations below and choose the one to your liking. Even if your car has let you down, it can be helped with rental24h.com or similar services – don’t let minor misfortunes to gnaw at your holiday mood this year!
Winter and Christmas activities
The Polar Express is your never-to-be-forgotten Christmas classic and an absolute must-go for your whole family. This annual train ride arranged by the Durango & Silverton Railroad begins with a cup of hot chocolate straight from Polar Express chefs. During the ride, your children and you will be listening to a Christmas story over the speakers and watching pictures shown by Santa’s helpers – and you’ll get to see the Father Christmas himself at the final train station!
Visit the famous Metro area in Detroit for its numerous ice skating rinks and icy fun.
• Civic Ice Arena that can be found in St. Clair Shores welcomes indoor skaters year round. You’ll need your own shovel because, as you know, prepping the rink is half the fun;
• Come to Warren for City Square Ice Arena to witness how a summertime fountain becomes a glittering surface of ice for tourists and residents to enjoy;
• Macomb County famous for its Stony Creek Metropark offers ice-skates daily access from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m;
• As for Campus Martius Park, you may know it for the tree lighting tradition, every year in November. Gather some friends for a cup of steaming hot cocoa in a heated area around the rink;
• In downtown Farmington, don’t miss another outdoor skating arena called Riley Park Ice Skating Rink.
Warm-weather activities in the US
Key West, Florida
December is just the month to pay a visit to the Florida Keys archipelago. Key West is one among 1,700 islands there, adored for its relaxing tropical vibes, exciting water activities, and amazing key lime pie. The 70-degree soothing weather will warm you and calm you, while jet-skiing, sailing, diving, and snorkelling in the pleasantly cool ocean will refresh your memories of summer.
Lihue & Kauai, Hawaii
A sunny holiday in paradise should take place nowhere else but in Hawaii. Its winter (hooilo) lasts from November to April with the average temperature of 78 F. You can enjoy the unique Hawaiian weather, moving through the diversity of its islands, each colourful with peculiar flora and fauna. In a span of just a couple of miles, you will meet a striped variety of arid regions, chilly alpine areas, tropical forests, and sunlit beaches.
Surely, few things can match your cosy home for the holidays, but the true magic always lies in new locations – particularly, on the special days of the year. Stay on the move with rental24h.com and plan a trip to one of the above places for an awesome time with your family and friends.